Sunday 27 March 2016

Prampram D/A Basic School

"I am in class 4. I am the shortest student in the class but the smartest among the rest. My mother runs a provision store in town. I assist her at the store after class everyday. I mostly help with writing all the names of items that people normally ask for when they come around but my main job is to assist customers who can't communicate in the local language. Most of the customers like me, they normally allow me to keep the change. I make more money on weekends because I stay longer.
Sometimes, people come to buy on credit, others try to play tricks on me when they come, a few come to beg but a large number pay fully. Recently, a friend helped me design and paste "Items are not sold on credit" on the gate of the store. I can't tell if it wasn't seen or it wasn't understood but I know since the day it was pasted, more people come in to buy on credit. I think I will have to explain  the phrase to my mother this weekend.
 I love working at the store. It helps me with calculations and I get to meet and talk to many people. I get lots of advice from the older people too. I had the highest score in Math recently. Someday when I grow taller into a woman like my mother, I want to have a bigger store and make lots of money"

No comments:

Post a Comment