Monday 28 March 2016

Prampram D/A Basic School. Episode 3.

"I am in form 1. I am the only boy in the school who puts on a blue short to class. I'm very popular in the school.My friends call me "Ashaiman". Some say I walk and dress like a "gangster". The children in the lower school are my fans. They always come to me when people bully them, I don't fight back,I just warn the bullies.
I love to make  things out of wood, I work with a carpenter now. My friends normally tease me about my love for carpentry but the last time a nail tore a lady's dress, I was the first person who was called to take it out. I help the teachers and my colleagues at home sometimes. The job can't be done without Ashaiman's hand.
I am not really good at classroom work. I had a poor primary school education. I was also very truant in school and I am paying for all of that now. There are many things my colleagues in class can do that I can't. I don't feel different among them, I am able to work with them and a few help me sometimes.
I love carpentry because it puts money in my pocket. I go to the workshop after school each day but I don't get the chance to learn a lot. These days I don't come to school on Fridays, I spend the whole day with my master. I saw you at the primary block on Thursday,and I heard you will be coming again on Friday,so I told my master after school I have a test on Friday.
 This Friday was quite different from the others, I enjoyed the class and had the chance to play soccer again. Maybe, I will have to tell my master to let me work full time on weekends"

No comments:

Post a Comment